Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Host

Ah Yoon and Rickman, consider as the earliest host that I approach when I first entered TV station. Hosting a show is not an easy task especially working in 8tv. When it comes developing their own character, I can only see a few who can do that in this industry. Through a conversation with one of my colleague, I found out some of the people just don't appreciate what host really does for a living. Besides dealing with camera interaction, patient, creative thinking, scripting and maybe a little producing work and not too much of acting skills. Personal growth is much more important than anything else. This is not merely something that you can check off your to-do list in production.

Being a host is not being how good you look on camera or how good you pretend you could speak or deliver good speech like president. It's about how good and how sensitive you experience every single little thing that you live through your entire life. It's about how good you be yourself when cameraman press the record button and start to interpret it on screen when the red beam start to blink.

For now, I still think both of the hosts I mentioned above are the host that never blanket themselves for what they never really are. 

No comments: